I know what you’re thinking, “a recipe for homemade whipped cream?” And yes, I decided to write about my personal whipped cream recipe for two reasons, one, believe it or not, a lot of people don’t know how make it or they have an idea on how to make it but it never comes out right. And two, I have planned to put several recipes on the blog later this year that involve whipped cream and wanted to have it available should you need it.
There’s really no big secret when it comes to making good whipped cream as long as you add enough sugar and don’t over beat it. If you do, it will come out too sweet and buttery and nobody wants to have whipped cream that tastes like butter.
Just add enough sugar to make it nice and sweet and beat it to the point where nice soft peaks start to form, also adding vanilla extract makes it a little extra special… just sayin’. So there you have it, fast, easy, and oh so delicious.
Hope you give this a try and… enjoy!
- 1 cup (236 ml) heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup (41.6 g) powdered sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract (Optional)
- Place a medium bowl and electric mixer beaters in the freezer for about 15 minutes before whipping the heavy cream.
- Add the heavy whipping cream to the bowl and mix at high speed for 1-2 minutes or until it thickens.
- Add the sugar and vanilla extract and mix again at high speed until stiff peaks form (about 2-3 minutes).
- Store in the refrigerator for up to 1-2 days.