Here is another great and easy recipe for you. A delicious grilled chicken sandwich. I love making this quick meal during the summer not only because you can make it in less than 15 minutes, but also because it’s healthy and I tend to serve it with guacamole.
Every now and then I also make it with melted cheese on top and with a couple of pieces of bacon. Those two extra ingredients really add a ton of flavor but we’re trying to eat healthier and that’s why I usually skip them.
To make this, I simply add the seasoning on top of the chicken, especially if I’m short on time. BUT, if you want to kick up the flavor you can marinate it for a few hours or overnight. One of my favorites is the one I used for the grilled chicken salad that I have on the blog. It’s so good because it adds a ton of flavor but it also makes the chicken really juicy and tender, perfect to serve with guacamole.
- 2 medium sized chicken breast halves, pounded so that all sides of the chicken are the same thickness
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 whole hamburger or sandwich buns
- Mayonnaise or any creamy fast food sauce to taste
- Lettuce leaves (1-2 per sandwich)
- Large tomato slices (1-2 per sandwich)
- Guacamole (about ½ cup for both sandwiches)
- Pre-heat grill to medium high heat.
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken breasts with the garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, chili powder and salt and pepper.
- Grill chicken for about 6 minutes per side or until it’s no longer pink. Optional: During the last 2 minutes of grilling, place the buns on the top rack of the grill to toast them.
- To assemble the sandwich: Spread the bottom bun with mayonnaise to taste, place lettuce on top, then add the tomato, the chicken, the guacamole and then finish with the top bun.