For the last recipe of the year I wanted to make it simple and I also wanted it to be a recipe that had been highly requested. And what better way to end 2017 than with a delicious piña colada?!
I’m not kidding when I say that every time a special holiday is around the corner I start getting requests on how to make it, and in many cases more than once. The good news is that it is the easiest, most delicious cocktail you can make. The better news, that even if you decide not to add any kind of liquor, it is still amazing.
I always end up making two batches at home. I make one where I add about ½ cup of rum and another where I don’t add any alcohol whatsoever. Both are equally delicious, especially if you use your favorite type of rum.
- 2 cups (480 ml or 16 oz) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 2 cups (480 ml or 16 oz) sweetened cream of coconut (I use Coco Lopez) See notes
- ½-¾ cup (120-180 ml or 4-6 oz) rum or to taste
- 4 handfuls of ice
- Pineapple wedges and maraschino cherries for garnish
- Blend everything really well until smooth and serve. Garnish with pineapple wedges and maraschino cherries if desired.