Pineapple juice is one of those things that I truly enjoy drinking during the summer because it goes so well with most meals. I always have pineapples at home and use them almost everyday to make the green smoothies I have for breakfast in the mornings. But every now and then I will use those pineapple chunks to make this delicious pineapple juice.
The reason I like it so much is because of the high water content of the pineapple, the more watery the fruit, the more I like it. I always start with ¼ cup of sugar, depending on how sweet the pineapple is, so feel free to add more if you want yours to be on the super sweet side.
- 1 medium pineapple cut into chunks (About 5–6 cups or 2½ lb)
- 6 cups (About 1½ liter) water
- ¼ cup (50 g) white granulated sugar (Or more if you want it sweeter)
- Blend the pineapple chunks with the water and white sugar until they’re well blended. You can do this in batches if your blender is not big enough.
- Pour the juice into a jar using a strainer to remove the pineapple fiber. This step is optional.
- Store the juice in the refrigerator por 1-2 hours before serving or serve it over ice.